RYU BLACK TEAMS UP W/ RUBY RED OF TAIWAN FOR “METSU ANSATSUKEN [ 暗 殺 拳 ]”
HD VERSION ON VIMEO AS WELL
“METSU ANSATSUKEN [暗 殺 拳 ]” is the 1st ever video from RYU BLACK. The Long Island Producer/MC, also known as MeccaGodZilla completed a successful Kickstarter campaign to create the “Hip Hopera” style album titled “PERFECT ?” the RYU BLACK Musical. Filmed entirely in Japan by Tokyo skateboarder/street brand model Teddy “Vybe1” Wilkins, the video is a tribute to the 25th Anniversary of the arcade smash hit, Streetfighter II. The video features Ruby Red, a Taiwanese choreographer who is well versed in urban dance and is currently introducing Jamaican dancehall dance and culture to her home country.
ABOUT RYU BLACK:
Born in Brooklyn, RYU BLACK (aka MeccaGodZilla) is a Producer/MC raised in Long Island, NY. In 2000 he began working closely with Omowale, M-1 of Dead Prez and 5 other students of Hunter College (CUNY) to found G.A.ME (The Grassroots Artists MovEment). G.A.ME is a hip hop union comprised of prominent rap artists dedicated to the development of health insurance, promotional and legal assistance for Hip Hop professionals.
With powerful producing ability, networking skills and the success of G.A.ME, MeccaGodZilla was inducted into the Monsta Island Czars by Rodan and MF GRIMM in 2003. MeccaGodZilla branched out on his own in 2008, to receive worldwide magazine and internet press for his Jay-Z American Gangster Remix album “American Monsta” which is now over 150,000 downloads. Some additional accolades include:
- featuring on the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary video game box set by CAPCOM
- produce the soundscape of NIKE AIR TROUPE’s Sneaker Battle website
- collaborate with Eric Bobo of Cypress Hill
- model for & secure a sponsorship with Japanese Street Brands Applebum, Mural and MSGR.
- perform at over 30 shows in Japan including the Grand Opening of Armani Exchange in Kobe, Japan
- featured in various Japanese publications including The Japan Times, Lowrider and Samurai Magazine
MeccaGodZilla will continue to RAVAGE (Restore Artistic Vision And Growth Everywhere) with his uncanny ability to secure sponsorships and collaborate with artists and brands worldwide.